Monday, October 22, 2012

And All I Ever Wanted Was...

...the tall, strong, revolutionary type
whose first mission was his family.

I could have known him once or twice
but I never acknowledged his presence
cause all i ever wanted was to know he existed
I could never imagine him
climbing into my reality

Now its hard to separate
fact from fiction
can't remember what actions to hold myself accountable for
and all I ever wanted was
a house with seven children
all named after black pioneers
jazz music and hip hop simmering in the background
me kissing him like I did when we first fell
wreaths on the front door
arms outstretched

all I ever wanted was
a dreamer to dream with
and a partner to build reality
someone's hand to hold
if the world ever ends
someone who makes me smile

all I ever wanted was
charismatic militance
dark effervescence
discomforting freedom
brilliant imperfection





No comments:

Post a Comment